Monday, April 30, 2007

It's Fryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyday (say it with empahsis! Fryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....) I question myself why there are no new tour diary photos posted? I can't seem to answer. Or why Jade doesn't post on his bloggy anymore...these strange mysteries...Spring semester is almost done and summer session is gonna be starting soon (booooooo!). I'm going to be taking math and sociology. What fun. Life is blah as ever. It's getting super close to figuring out what I want to do in the future. I'm scared. My dad is ushering my mum to research about universities that have a good pharmasutical degree thingy. I'm currently researching which culinary schools are vegan or have vegan classes. There's one in Oregan that's strictly vegan. That is so fucking awesome!!!

By the way, peoples...
HAPPY 35th BIRTHDAY MIKE!!!





Here's some vine charcoal and sanguine drawings for art...they're not fabulous, I'm just happy they're done!





I've been posting my PETA2 posters all over the campus. Yet there are these mofos who seem to enjoy the fact that they can take them down. Freaking carnivores...





My mummy made a fantastic bean salad on sunday.





I got a new sifter...my beautiful old one kind of died. This one sucks major buttttt...going to go look for a new one.




Lasered my underarms (you know, laser hair removal) on saturday. Yes, it hurt...occasionally. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. At times it felt as thought someones was slicing me with a razor blade.

I'm gonna redo my room (finally!) I'm going to point my bed frame black (currently gold), get a black and white bed set, and put Andy Warhol art all over my room. E-X-C-I-T-I-N-G! I would love to paint my walls red, but my dad would definitely kill me. I guess plain white it is then.

You people!!! I want to go to Weenie Roast soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!!! Have you heard the line up?! Tiger Army, Silver sun Pickups, The Killers, Bad Religion, Social D, and Tim Armstrong in the same house!


I was curious to see if I remembered any of those stupid nursery rhymes and the only ones I recalled were Jack & Jill and Mary had a little lamb. Found my old nursery rhyme book and HO-LEE CRAP! It's wither dirty nasty or horror gruesome poems. Here's one:
Ding, Dong bell,
Pussy's in the well!
Who put her in?
Little Tommy Lin.
Who pulled her out?
Little
Johnny
Stout.
What a naughty boy
was that
To drown thepoor,
poor pussy-cat
Who never did him
any harm,
But killed the mice
in his father's barn.



What the hell was that? How about this one?...
Goosey, goosey, gander,
who stands yonder?
Little Betsey baker;
Take her up, and shake her.
Goosey, goosey, gander,
Where shall I wander?
Upstairs, downstairs,
And in my Lady's chamber.
There I met an old man
That would not say his prayers
I took him by the left leg,
And threw him downstairs.


What do they teach these kids? This one teaches that they can wear rabbits...
Bye, Baby Bunting
Daddy's gone a hunting
To get a little
Rabbit skin
To wrap a baby
bunting in.

What mofo's thought of these? I beg to differ with those who think that these stupid poems are cute.

I'm happy to announce that I have started mmy exercise regime, again! It's been FIVE WHOLE MONTHS! Yeah...total eww. Being fat makes me depressed...ok chubby not fat...but still. Why do vegan muffins have to be so damned good?! I get up at five AM and exercise till seven. So it's a reasonable amount of time. I can't wait to lose my unnecessary bulges that I somehow picked up.

Went to the dentist yesterday (I absolutely despise dentists) because my wisdom teeth are growing. The left bottom one is giving me such hell. So...she checked them and said that she needs to remove all four because each one of them has an infection...especially the bottome left one. It (the infection) swelled up my gums, so the whole time that I've been chewing, I've been chewing on my gums. I see my life crumbling right before my eyes. Dude, I have to survive on freaking pureed shit for like...a week. What have I done to deserve this? I have my surgery tomorrow...she's going to remove the swelled gums and the stupid "wisdom" teeth. What's so wise about them? They're only wise in being a bitch.

I made blueberry corn muffins on tuesday. My fwend came over that day and helped me shred carrots for my carrot raisin muffins that I ended up baking yesterday (you can see her bunny ear fingers below...the first two are the blueberry corn muffins and the last one is the carrot raisin).


I made Mango Ginger Kiwi tofu yesterday as well. Have you ever accidently have red chili pepper seeds fly up your nose? Why, you ask? Because on Wednesday (when making the marinade) I opened the bottle of pepper seeds and woo! It felt like my nose was bleeding a river. No, blood, just a lot of burning! I didn't have some of the ingredients to make Isa's mango ginger tofu, so I added and replaced. Ya. Came out yummy mummy! Here's the recipe (my version...with much of Isa's help!...If you want Isa's way I highly suggest you to buy Vegan With A Vengeance).

FOR THE MARINADE:
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, coarsly chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper seeds
2 large mangoes, peeled and coarsley chopped
4 kiwis, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 teaspoon gound allspice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
Fresh black pepper to taste
Dash of salt


FOR THE TOFU:
1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed (cut into isosceles shapes)
1 mango sliced into long sliced into long thin slices
3 kiwis sliced and placed on top for color and decor


Making the Marinade!
Preheat a medium-sized saucepan over moderate heat; combine the oil, garlic, fresh ginger, and chili pepper seeds, and saute for 7 min (careful not to burn the garlic!). Add the chopped mango & kiwi and saute for 5 more min.

Add the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar, cover and simmer for 35 min. Uncover and simmer for 5 more min.

Add the rice vinegar, lemon juice, orange juice, allspice, ground ginger, black pepper, and salt; let cool, then transfer the mixture to blender and puree until smooth.

Place the prepared tofu in the marinade in a tightly lid container. Marinate overnight.

Bake The Tofu!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).

Reserve half of marinade. Lay marinated tofu in a single layer in a large rimmed baking sheet or baking pan. Bake for 20 min. Flip over the tofu and add more marinade. Coat the mango in the reserved marinade and them to the pan. Bake another 15 min.

Heat the remaining marinade in a saucepan and put in a bowl on the table so people can pour over tofu. Serve over coucous and top with kiwi.


I was baking while doing my MGK tofu and grew bored increasingly while waiting for everything...so I started taking random pictures...




Anywho...a fun fact for you lucky people...FUCK stands for...For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. It came from early naval logs, when captains would punish crew members for sexual intercourse. Got that from River Phoenix's book.

The Month of the fabulous May!


The End.
(for today)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So your the one that put those up. Next time I see one of those posters up i shall sticker them in the corners. :) If you go up to the music rooms there are a few stickers I left up there to leave my mark up there. Left a stick on one of the music room doors in one of the girls bathrooms and somewhere else i don't remember.

Fantamazing! said...

Whoa...I agree with you...why cannot that just happen? I guess teachers just have fun torturing students :P I wanna Stop moving, since skateborading hurts aughh...But you know what being a Vegan cook would be awesome! It would be even cooler if you made a restraunt! Holy cow that would be beautiful! mmm...food..I think that recipe sounds amazing!

KleoPatra said...

All your food... so wonderful indeed!