Wednesday, June 13, 2007

*Sniff*

I checked my grades for the Spring (2007) session…aaaaaaaaaaand here they are…

Math B

Philosophy B

English A

Drawing A

This is not cool! TWO B’s??? I don’t like B’s…I understand one B…but TWO?! Oh, how I feel so blue. Poop. Fall session I got straight A’s...and that’s the way it should be!

I’m thinking about dropping Statistics and taking it in Spring 2008. But I don’t know yet. There’s sooooooooo much memorization of definitions that don’t apply to my life.

Blah blah blah.

Change of topic! My birthday is coming…bleh. 19. That’s so damn old! Pretty gross. Can’t we age with no flabby skin or wrinkles? My parents got me my present already. They got a whole new bedroom makeover thingy for me that I was talking about before. It’s purty! I’ll post pictures once I’ve put everything together. They also paid for the vintage dresses and skirts that I found and absolutely fell in love with!

I think I’ll get up extra early on my birthday to exercise first, then bake myself a cake and make breakfast for my parents. I have to make something nice for father’s day. Why can’t they be vegan? Then they could bake me a cake. Whatever. I haven’t reminded anyone my birthday is coming…I just want to see if they remember. If they don’t…it’s ok.

My mom and I have become overly obsessed with fried tofu! Mmmmm…makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I go through these obsession phases until I get sick of it then move on to something else. But, yeah, it’s a recipe that I made up. I’ll call it…Yo-fu (I don’t know…I just pulled that out of my ass). Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients

1 tablespoon Olive Oil

1 lb Extra-Firm Tofu (pressed)

1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar

1 tablespoon Soy Sauce

1 tablespoon water

1 teaspoon Ground Ginger

1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic Powder

Cook It Up!

Cut tofu into 8ths. Heat a large skillet (use non-stick!!!) until hot and add oil and then the tofu. Saute tofu strips. Flipping them occasionally so they get brown and crispy (!!) on all sides.

Once they have a firm texture, mix together (in a small bowl) the vinegar, soy sauce, water, ginger, and garlic powder and add to the pan. Make sure to pour it all over the tofu strips. “Mix” fast so that all the tofu can absorb them marinade. Cook until all the liquid is evaporated and turn off heat. Yummy!

They taste good in sandwiches and just about with everything except dessert!

Well that lightened my spirit up a bit. I think I’ll go cook something so I can relieve my stress.

The End.

(for today)

2 comments:

KleoPatra said...

Your recipe is mouth-watering. Your grades are STELLAR!! Wow, i'm very impressed. Happy early birthday!! When is the exact date? Wish i could celebrate it with you and your vegan cake and family and friends! (Notice i have you and your cake listed first...)

Hee hee.

Celebrate good times!!

KleoPatra said...

Happy birthday to you on Sunday!! Father's Day AND your b'day. Life is GOOD!